What is SPARC?
Learn more about the exciting SPARC (Success Pathways and Roads to Careers) opportunities available that helps engage your students in building and developing their career plans. SPARC is an online tool which helps students and career-seekers achieve their future career goals by bridging the gap between school and the work world. SPARC creates a platform in which area students and the future workforce can actively interact with area employers and career coaches with the goal of:
- Helping students find relevance in what they are learning in the classroom
- Engaging students early in thinking about their careers
- Making a positively impact our region’s graduation rates
How does the program work?
SPARC is a web-based career preparation and readiness platform. By integrating career development tools, social media elements and workforce data into a seamless system, job creators, students, educators and parents can connect efficiently and effectively. Students interested in a career can connect with real companies and real-life professionals in that career area. The system, which is powered by a licensed product called Career Cruising, provides a customized information sharing and resource gathering environment where students/future workforce can:
- Learn about area companies that offer jobs and careers in their area of interest
- Participate in career discussions with an online mentor/career coach from that company
- Further interact with that company by participating in other Work-based Learning Activities, such as job-shadowing, internships, company tours, and summer employment
How can educators participate?
- SPARC is available free of charge to all Delaware public schools. If you or your school are interested in participating in SPARC, please contact us.
- Volunteer by signing up to be an online mentor/career coach in education or another field of study. Do you have expertise in a particular career field? Would you like to share your experiences with interested students and job seekers? Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Is SPARC in your school?
If SPARC isn’t in your school yet, and you’d like to be added to the waiting list, click here.